For Our Dairy Farm Families
Western Dairy has many resources for our dairy farm families! Here is what we have available online, please call Bill Keating at 720-356-3180 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional resources.
For those dairy producers that have always wanted to do farm tours, but never had the time to develop a plan, your checkoff organization has done it for you! Your checkoff dollars at work!!! This tool is designed to be a reference for you in guiding a successful and educational tour.
The dairy farm tour kit is designed to fit any audience from children to adults. We hope this offers ideas and helpful information for you to have a positive experience with your dairy farm tours.
The kit includes:
- Get Ready for your Dairy Farm Visit (guidelines for the group leader)
- Dairy Producer Introduction (speaking points)
- Talking to Tour Groups
- Developing Your Farm Tour Plan
- Farm Safety and Security Guidelines
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Dairy Websites
- Dairy Tour Vocabulary Guide
- Match the Cow with its Breed (description of 6 dairy cattle breeds)
- Nutrition Information
- USB with printable documents
If you are a Western Dairy Association dairy producer, you may request the following items:
- Social Media Bookmarks
- Coloring Books
- Plastic Bags
To order these items, please email Bill Keating at email@example.com.
The National Dairy FARM Program: Farmers Assuring Responsible Management is a nationwide, verifiable animal well-being program that provides consistency and uniformity to best practices in animal care and quality assurance in dairy. You can download resources for FARM here: (additional resources can be found on the FARM website.)