Created by Leslie Bonci, RD, MPH, LDN, CSSD, Director of Sports Nutrition, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. Download this complete recipe handout for more whey protein recipes.
Makes 16 bars (if using ice cube trays, makes 48 bars)
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted peanuts (chopped almonds or other nuts can be used instead)
- 1/2 cup roasted/salted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup raisins, black or golden or both
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups oats, dry
- 2 cups toasted rice cereal
- 1/2 cup whey protein isolate, vanilla (about 2 scoops)
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (almond or sunflower butter can be used instead of peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Coat a 9X13 inch baking pan, or 3 ice cube trays, with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine peanuts, sunflower seeds, dried fruit, oats, cereal, and why protein in a bowl.
- Combine peanut butter, brown sugar, honey, and vanilla extract in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1-2 minutes until bubbling. Add to dry ingredients and stir.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and press down firmly. It may help to spray fingers with cooking spray.
- Let sit 1 hour until hard. If a pan was used, cut into 16 bars. If ice cube trays were used, simple pop out and enjoy.
Nutrition Information Per Serving (1 bar or 3 ice cube bars): 296 calories, 8 g protein (including 2 g whey protein), 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 98 mg sodium. Also contains: iron.Print This RecipeRead More