Cher-Nana Limeade Yogurt
This recipe comes to us from the students at Centennial Elementary School in Weld County, who was a runner-up in the Dannon Yogurt Recipe Contest in 2016! Each school had to work together to create an original yogurt recipe and was entered to win equipment for their school cafeteria. Thank you to Dannon for sponsoring this great contest and to the schools who participated! Centennial had a “chopped” style cooking contest to pick this recipe to submit – enjoy!
- 8-Maraschino Cherries
- 1/2- Lime
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon
- 7 ½ oz of Dannon Vanilla Yogurt
- We started with a mixing bowl with 7 1/2 oz of the vanilla yogurt. Then we decided we would slice the Banana and mix half of it to the yogurt (saving the other half for a topping).
- Next we decided we would add 8 of the Maraschino Cherries to the yogurt mixing them in along with a splash of the juice they came in, this gave the dish a nice pink color.
- We then began to squeeze in the lime slowly, tasting as we went because we knew if we added too much we would not be able to remove it from the mix.
- Once we finished mixing the lime into the mixture we transferred the yogurt to a serving bowl where we topped the dish with our remaining slices of banana and garnished it with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
We believe the other students chose ours because they enjoyed the pink appearance along with the cherry and lime flavors working together to taste like a “Cherry Limeade”
The recipe we created is enough for one 394 calorie serving, but could be adjusted to make more servings for more people to enjoy.