This year our Western Dairy Association Fuel Up to Play 60 team launched a new contest to engage our Program Advisors around the region, the Fuel Up to Play 60 Program Advisor Bulletin Board Contest! This contest encouraged Program Advisors and their student teams to get creative and design a bulletin board to win PE equipment for their school.
To enter the contest Program Advisors and their student teams used the Bulletin Board Pop-Out Pieces to design eye-catching bulletin boards in their schools that promoted the Fuel Up to Play 60 program and its’ nutrition messaging. In addition to the bulletin board designs schools were required to complete the Six Steps of the Fuel Up to Play 60 Program, with emphasis on dairy during the healthy eating play:
- Kickoff – hold an event to get the school started in the program
- Draft Players – build a student team
- Survey the Field – assess the school environment
- Eat Healthy – improve healthy eating in the school by completing the healthy eating plays
- Game Time – take action and implement physical activity plays
- Light up the Scoreboard – share your success
We had incredible creativity from all program advisors that entered. Below is the list of all the winners and a link to their entry. Winners were scored by independent, 3rd party judges and entries were judged on creativity, use of pop-out pieces, completion of a Healthy Eating Play questionnaire, and inclusion of dairy. Bonus points were awarded to schools that shared a dairy message on their school’s marquee. This was a great opportunity for the contest to expand outside of the school into the community to further dairy promotion.
- Debra Session-Hall, Hellgate Middle School
- Matt Monfre, Stetson Elementary School
- Lisa King, Falcon Bluffs Middle School
- Nancy Ewer, Fitzmorris Elementary
Interested in learning more about Fuel Up to Play 60? Click here for all the details.