Fuel Up To Play 60
What is Fuel Up to Play 60?
Fuel Up to Play 60 is an in-school nutrition and physical activity program launched by National Dairy Council (NDC) and National Football League, in collaboration with United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and is provided locally by Western Dairy Association and the Denver Broncos. The program empowers youth to take actions to improve nutrition and physical activity at their school and for their own health. Fuel Up to Play 60 is the largest in-school health and wellness program that empowers over 11 million students in 73,000 schools to increase physical activity and consume nutrient rich foods.
- Want to know more or get started today? Call your friendly Western Dairy team at 303-451-7711.
Who is Fuel Up to Play 60 for?
Fuel Up to Play 60 is an in-school program that is led by students! It encourages youth to lead the change they want to see in their school and community for a healthier tomorrow. Student leaders work with a program advisor (usually a teacher or parent) to identify and make changes to improve physical activity and nutrition in the school environment. By participating in Fuel Up to Play 60 and becoming a leader at your school, you can become a state ambassador and help teach other schools about the program.
- Learn more about Student Ambassadors
- Read blogs from Student Ambassadors and about the program
- Find out more about the Annual Student Ambassador Summit
- Read a report from GenYOUth about the importance of empowering youth as change agents
How does Fuel Up to Play 60 work?
There are 6 steps in Fuel Up to Play 60:
- Join the League – sign up to be a program advisor
- Build Teams and Draft Players – build a student team
- Kickoff – hold an event to get your school started
- Survey the Field – assess your school environment
- Game Time – take action and implement healthy eating and physical activity plays
- Light up the Scoreboard – share your success
Western Dairy is here to help you complete all 6 steps – then you become a Touchdown School!
Resources to help you:
- Miles Assemblies – a great way to kick off the program at your school
- Funding – apply for funding to help make healthy changes happen
- Farm to School – learn how Western Dairy can help you implement the farm to school plays
- Visit our Resources page for more!
Why join the movement?
Fuel Up to Play 60 is making a difference for students and schools across the country! With the help of local NFL teams like the Broncos, this program gets kids excited about eating healthy and getting active.
- Read Success Stories from local schools
- Learn more about the Wellness Impact – healthy students are better students
- Learn about GenYOUth, which helps fund Fuel Up to Play 60
©2016 Fuel Up is a service mark of National Dairy Council®. ©2016 National Football League Players Incorporated.
Western Dairy Blog
Dairy Farmer Stories