Dairy Facts and Myths
Learn more about your favorite dairy foods and get dairy facts straight from the experts – dairy farmers!
Myth: People with lactose intolerance should avoid all dairy.
- There are many ways to enjoy dairy foods, even if you are lactose intolerant. Learn more here.
Myth: Antibiotics given to dairy cows are found in milk.
- When antibiotics are given to a cow, her milk is diverted from the rest of the milk produced on the dairy farm until it tests free of antibiotics. Learn more.
Fact: Adults should get 3 servings of dairy every day.
- By getting 3 servings of dairy each day, you are ensuring your body gets important nutrients like calcium, vitamin D, potassium and protein. Learn more.
Fact: Dairy is the #1 source of calcium in American diets.
- Dairy is the #1 source of calcium in this country because it is affordable, delicious and its calcium is easily absorbed by the body. Learn more.
Myth: Chocolate milk is bad for kids.
- Chocolate milk is an excellent source of 9 essential nutrients and children who do not get access to chocolate milk at school miss out on important nutrients that they don’t get from other foods. Learn more.
National Nutrition Month