Dairy Facts and Myths
Learn more about your favorite dairy foods and get dairy facts straight from the experts – dairy farmers!
Myth: People with lactose intolerance should avoid all dairy.
- There are many ways to enjoy dairy foods, even if you are lactose intolerant. Learn more here.
Myth: Antibiotics given to dairy cows are found in milk.
- When antibiotics are given to a cow, her milk is diverted from the rest of the milk produced on the dairy farm until it tests free of antibiotics. Learn more.
Fact: Adults should get 3 servings of dairy every day.
- By getting 3 servings of dairy each day, you are ensuring your body gets important nutrients like calcium, vitamin D, potassium and protein. Learn more.
Fact: Dairy is the #1 source of calcium in American diets.
- Dairy is the #1 source of calcium in this country because it is affordable, delicious and its calcium is easily absorbed by the body. Learn more.
Myth: Chocolate milk is bad for kids.
- Chocolate milk is an excellent source of 9 essential nutrients and children who do not get access to chocolate milk at school miss out on important nutrients that they don’t get from other foods. Learn more.
Health & Wellness