Apple-Oat Greek Yogurt Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 6 oz. container plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 Honeycrisp apple (or apple of your choosing), chopped into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with muffin wrappers or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, flaxseed meal, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, yogurt, applesauce, brown sugar, vanilla and milk.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the applesauce mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Fold in chopped apples.
- Divide batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups, filling each to 3/4 full. Add a sprinkle of oats and/or brown sugar to the top of each muffin if desired.
- Bake muffins for 20-22 minutes, or until top is firm to the touch and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in the pan for approximately 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Created by registered dietitian Jenna Allen with inspiration from http://www.runningwithspoons.com/2015/01/21/apple-oat-greek-yogurt-muffins/.