Pesto, Avocado, and Mozzarella Grilled Cheese
Total time: 10 minutes
Makes: 1 portion
- 2 slices of whole grain bread of choice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup pesto (homemade or your favorite store-bought variety)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- Preheat a skillet on the stovetop over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place one slice of bread butter-side-down in the skillet.
- Generously spread pesto on the bread in the skillet. Then layer avocado slices and Mozzarella slices, followed by another layer of pesto.
- Place the second slice of bread, butter-side-up on top of the sandwich.
- Grill until lightly browned. Then flip sandwich and grill the other side until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden-brown. (If the cheese is not melting, you can add a lid to the pan – the trapped heat will help the cheese melt faster.)